Πέμπτη 19 Μαΐου 2011

Why I won't hire you in my business unless you are attractive






Yes,I will only hire you in my business if you are generally perceived as attractive.Yes,I discriminate.Yes,I know it is not fair.And no,I am not the only employer who does that.In fact,most of us do it,exept we rarely admit it.Not to your face,at least.I have no problem admitting it and I can tell you that not employing unattractive people is part of my hiring policy.

So what's the deal?Am I only hiring good-looking employees because I enjoy looking at attractive people?Of course we all prefer looking at attractive people and I am not the exeption.But  my choice of attractive employees goes beyond personal preferences.Actually,good looking staff makes more money for my business and seeing that I run a business for profit and not for charity,it is easy to understand the connection.Attractive people in my staff=more money for my business.Here is why:



1.Good looking people are more inelligent



  As concluded by some studies,good-looking people have higher IQs and so they are more likely to attain higher status and higher paid jobs.In this physical reality we're experiencing,like it or not,beauty rules!In fact,even beautiful things work better than ugly ones!Of course,I'd rather work with intelligent people than not,plus my line of business has to do with imparting knowledge,so intelligence is obviously high on my list of  employee requirements!



2.Good looking people are happier



Of course they are,they have every reason to be so. The happier the employees,the more productive they are,the link has long been established.And students learn more from happy teachers,that is a fact too.In every business people buy more and more often from happy people,why should mine be the exeption?Plus,one of the perks of being a business owner is that you get to choose the people you work with.I don't know about you,but I'd rather work with happy people that can make my (often) trouble-ladden workday a little brighter than with a cronically depressed or moody lot!



3.Good looking people make other people pay more attention to them



Because we are irresistibly drawn to good looking people,we tend to pay more attention to them as well.I run a foreign languages school which mostly caters for adult students.Now adult students are notorious for dropping out of classes as abruptly and as inexplicably as they enrolled in the first place,so a very effective means of retaining them is to have attractive teachers in their classes!It sure works like a magic spell! 


If you think all the above are true but unfair,because attractive people did nothing other than showing up in this world to deseve all the breaks they get in life,consider that life in general is not fair.In fact,she's a bitch herself.She makes some people clever,even geniuses and some as dumb as can be.A  higher than normal IQ will certainly give you an advantage over many other people in life and,come to think of it,this is even more unfair than the advantages of physical  beauty.But somehow everybody would bitch about how attractive people have it better in life than about how clever people have more doors opened for them.

Get over it,people!Any and every gift we are given ,physical or not,in this life is an unfair advantage over somebody else who lacks it.So what?Let us use the ones that we have and forget about the ones that we don't.Life is too short to wallow in bitterness and  regret.

But if you really insist on good looks being the thing you want most in
this world,here are a few tricks on how to feel beautiful.And if all fails, there's always plastic surgery!  








all pictures from here


 

                                               Love,peace and beauty   

                                                            Eirini


                                          Be my Facebook friend

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου

Comments