Τετάρτη 18 Απριλίου 2012

Facebook Fun





I love facebook. No other social media site does it for me the way facebook does. Sure,I maintain accounts in Twitter,Linked In,StumbleUpon,MySpace,Pinterest,YouTube and even Google+. Except they never suceeded in keeping me hooked the way facebook has;I only use them to promote my blog,that's all.

 I see facebook as life itself. Do not be fooled into thinking that just because you maintain an online persona you can manipulate it the way it suits you ;your real self will shine through. In fact,the only way for your real self not to shine through is by remaining a lurker forever,never interacting at all. Just as in real life,the most important thing that draws or repels people from us is the energy we put out. No,its not our looks/profile pics,its not just the way we talk/comment,not our ideas,not just the posts or videos we post, (though of course it is all those things too), it's mainly our energy. This intangible aura that surround our physical body can permeate everything we come in contact with and even spill over into our online persona.

I see my facebook page as a magazine reflecting my various interests at the moment. These include:

-My fascination with dolls:
They are cute and reflect my mood at any given day

-Inspirational posts
I mainly post what I'm reading on that particular day that I find interesting or intriguing

-Fun stuff
Because laughing is good for the soul

-Promoting my blog
Of course

-Promoting my country
Again,of course

-Interacting with online friends
This is my favorite part of facebook!

-Spicy stuff
Because what would life be without it?


Here are a few suggestions for making your facebook page more interesting and fun:

1.Be a regular
You should be a constant presence,posting,responding,encouraging or monitoring discussion. Make it a regular thing,a routine,like checking your email

2. Ask questions
Put a call to action,asking the reader to do something or just ask them for their thoughts. Everyone has sometrhing interesting to say. When people answer,thank them for their replies.

3. Share other people's stuff
Everyone wants to feel wanted. Appreciate your friends. When they post great stuff,share it and thank them for their contribution.This ecourages everyone to share more,including your own posts.

4. Integrate your other online activities
Maybe you have a blog,a youtube channel or an awsome collection of pinterest boards. Share them with your friends regularly. People would like to know,you know.

5. Variety,variety
Post pictures ,articles,inspirational stuff,youtube videos,songs,polls,other people's stuff,your stuff. Rinse and repeat.

6.Kick out the cancers
Those who disrupt or damage the environment you want for your page should be given a warning first,then they'll have to go,jerks can intimidate or scare really nice online friends away.Cut them off mercilessly








                                                     Love,peace and online fun
                                               
                                                             Eirini



Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου

Comments