Σάββατο 18 Ιουλίου 2015

On self love




I have a knack for selfies.

I mean, I can make my body and face look fantastic
by just striking the right pose (what works for me is leaning forward a bit and twisting my torso for the right angle, also having light directly above me in front of a mirror)

But the thing is, 

my body is not nearly as perfect as it looks in my selfies.

And that's ok.

I tend to put weight from the waist down and my hips have grown wider from childbearing, my breasts are the breasts of a middle-aged woman that has breastfed four babies (and loved it) and my mretabolism has acquired the pace of a snail ever since I hit 40.

And that's ok.

I never pretend I had the perfect body

Then why do I pose for selfies?

I'll tell you why.

The sparkly eyes pics you see and the cute poses that make you smile (or not) are my way of letting go. We hold so much resentment about our bodies emotionally. Posing for selfies, then picking up the best to put up is releasing resentment. I no longer resent my body for not looking perfect and a cute selfie is my way to do that. It's my way of getting rid of the fears and judgement ( from myself mostly, but from others as well) that I have about my body buried deep inside. It's feeling cute and pretty and letting that radiate to the world (proof of that is that when I dont feel well, no matter what pose I strike or how many pics I take from all possible ankles, I still look like shit)

This is my way of self-love.

Maybe yours is different.

And that's ok.
For both of us, you and me.

The world thrives on diversity.

Another thing, too.
Yes, I do get positive comments and feedback when posing such pics-this is good, who doesnt like that?

But that's just the bonus.

The real thing, self fove, is never dependent on other people's opinion about our body ( anorexics are proof of that).

A beautiful self portrait is connecting to what I love about my body.

As I look cute in a pic, I learn to accept my feminine, sweet side.

As I pose for the camera, I learn to fearlessly express myself, not just through words, as most people do after a certain age, but through my body truth as well.

As I release tension for what I should look like, I release fear, frustration, sadness for not looking magazine-perfect. I learnt to surrender to what is AND love what is AND make the most of it through said selfies.

Can you think of a more perfect tool for self love?

It's accessible to everyone and this is one of my ways of feeling good about myself.

( My favorite, though, is lovemaking. When I open up to the one I love, to be filled by his love, strength and adoration of me and of what I am and give back the same. But that's another blogpost topic.)

Today is a beautiful day to feel beautiful.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου

Comments